Simple Egg Noodles with Powdered Eggs
Here’s a basic recipe for egg noodles which can be made using powdered eggs.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry egg powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup water
- Place metal blade in food processor.
- Add flour, salt, dry egg powder, and dried parsley and beat once or twice to mix.
- With the motor running, gradually add the water and process until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the sides. If the dough is too dry, add more water a few drips at a time. If it’s too moist, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead until the sides are smooth. Form into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap (to keep the dough from drying out) and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough in four even sections and roll out, one section at a time, on a floured board (remember to cover the other sections until it’s their turn to be rolled). Use a sharp knife to cut noodles ¼” thick (or use a pasta machine as pictured as shown, below, to roll and cut the noodles).
- Let the noodles dry for 30 minutes and then use it to cook your noodle recipe.http://www.surviveonstorage.com/2012/01/homemade-egg-noodles.html